It’s been a minute as sickness has crept into our home unwanted and uninvited and is laying sickness eggs in our bodies. Not one of the six of us has avoided the “sickies.” But here we are, alive, and tapping on keys.
I hope you are well, and had a fantastic Easter, however you celebrate the history-altering event. Despite sickness, wars, and rumors of war… I’m hopeful.
Speaking of hope, here are a couple of things worth sharing this week:
- The Prolific Creator Podcast: I took a hiatus from the podcast, but launched a new episode this week with Emily Crookston. I have many more interviews coming down the pipe, which I hope you enjoy. If you’d like to be on the show, or know of someone doing cool and creative stuff in the world, reply to this email.
- Quotable: “When I sit down to write in the morning, I literally have no expectations for myself or for the day’s work. My only goal is to put in three or four hours with my fingers punching the keys. I don’t judge myself on quality. I don’t hold myself accountable for quantity. (At least not at this stage; later, I will.) The only questions I ask are, Did I show up? Did I try my best?.” -Steven Pressfield
- Readables (Books): I’m loving Virgil Wander by Leif Enger, The Soul of Desire by Curt Thompson, Love in the Ruins by Walker Percy, and Wild Belief by Nick Ripatrazone.
- Watchables (TV/Film): Go see The Batman, I even wrote about how it made me cry. I also enjoyed this documentary about Danny Way, who jumped the Great Wall of China on a skateboard. Better Call Saul final season is live. Top-notch show.
- Listenables (audio): I’m a fan of the Broken Record podcast. Also enjoying the latest Father John Misty record. Such a throwback singer.
Have you considered my VIP/Premium content access? This website and newsletter and podcast is free to the public, but not free to make. I’m doing some exclusive content for a minimal monthly fee (or yearly).
If you sign up, you’ll have access to Office Hours where I’ll do live “Ask Me Anything” events. You can sign up to get a 30 minute consultation on any of your projects 2x per year. You’ll also have early access to courses, books, and other content. Sound good?
No hard selling. You can sign up on the website.
Now, go make great art with your life!